Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Even Babies Get The Blues

I woke up this morning in a funk and not the good kind of funk. I miss my family in Illinois and want to get out of the desert. It's finally starting to cool down here, but it's still too hot for me. I want to be wearing sweaters and stocking caps by now. Our album isn't even close to being finished. It seems like we keep hitting road block after road block on it and it's very disheartening. It's created a bit of tension in the band and that sucks. I wrote half of a screen play, put a lot of time into it and didn't back up the files. Then my computer crashed and I lost all of it. It was probably the funniest thing I've ever written and now I have to try to recreate all the jokes. I relapsed on smoking cigarettes recently and I feel like an idiot about it. And I can't keep the lavendar color in my hair; it washes out so fast. I guess I might have to go back to a normal human color soon. Someone I love is having a health scare and that is adding a weight to my shoulders. I'm trying to stay positive about it as much as I can, but it's definitely lingering in the back of my mind at all times.  And money is always a bother. Maybe if I was better at managing it, it wouldn't be an issue. At least I'm making some sales on the etsy. The mystery cosby sweaters are flying off the shelves, so that's good news. I still just feel down in the dumps.
I know I could have a lot worse problems to worry about. At least I'm not in a war-stricken country. Oh, but wait, it's my country that is always causing conflicts around the world. God damn war mongers. Still, I generally have it pretty good. I have to remember that and take advantage of all the positive things in life. I have to sit out here in my backyard and watch the sunrise and enjoy it. I have to watch the bees pollinate the flowers and be grateful that their colony isn't dying off like so many other reports of that around the country. I have to watch my dog lay in the one ray of sunshine that has made it over the fence and try to feel a little bit of her peace. She is truly taking advantage of every moment, because in a little while the sun will move and she won't have that perfect spot to lie in anymore. She's using her time wisely, even if it is for taking a nap. It's all these little things that matter. These little things that are often underestimated make beautiful and memorable moments in life.
I once wrote a song about the little things in life. It was and still is pretty good. It never made it to an album. Maybe we'll record an acoustic version of it and get it on the new album. I don't remember if I wrote that during a time that I was genuinely happy or if it was another time I was feeling blue. Maybe I wrote it to draw out the happy feelings when I was depressed like I am now. Whatever the case may be, I should write something today. Song writers around the world will agree that this is one of the best times to write a song; when you're feeling blue. I guess a blues song is in my near future. I'll just do like Andre 3000 and "play til you feel happy. Til there ain't no more bluuuuees!"




No comments:

Post a Comment